Tuesday 9 February course: SOLD OUT
Wednesday 24 March course: Places Available
Our live virtual Active Eights training is designed to unlock you and your team's creative side, boosting your problem solving potential. This workshop is ideal for leaders, decision-makers, teams and coaches who need a repeatable exercise to generate and capture ideas.
With a maximum of twelve attendees and two facilitators, you'll benefit from more individual instruction and plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Our facilitators have “Web Events That Connect” training from Rees McCann. It’s some of the best teaching available to facilitate engaging, productive live online workshops.
Who is Active Eights For?
- Leaders of organisations
- Decision-makers in organisations
- Teams and Team Leaders
- Agile coaches
- Management and Business consultants
- Learn a powerful technique to independently generate and record creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn when to use Active Eights for valuable results.
- Learn warm-up techniques to clear out fixed thinking and invite original ideas.
- Certificate of completion.
Ideal for When...
- You or your team need a rapid, repeatable technique to create and capture value.
- You or your team need to enhance your problem solving skills.
The Active Eights session with The Familiar was fun and playful. Sam facilitated our group with focus, and I felt it was highly engaging and a great way to optimise collective wisdom to generate bold ideas. I can vouch for The Familiar for their engaging facilitation of creativity.
Haroon K., Agile Coach, Healthcare Sector.
Format and Duration
- 90 minute live virtual training session.
- Five to twelve participants.
- Two facilitators.
- Delivered in English, (speak to us about a French version).
We begin with a preparatory icebreaker, for attendees to introduce themselves, practice using the tools and deal any technical issues.
In the first part of the workshop you will learn what Active Eights is and when to use it for best results.
Next we demonstrate different sketch formats that anyone can use with Active Eights to generate and capture ideas.
Then you will learn easy warm-up techniques to clear out fixed or stale thinking and invite original ideas.
Next you will learn the Active Eights method and practice its application to different situations.
Finally, we will look at what exercises might usefully follow an Active Eights workshop and hold a question and answer session.
Each participant will need a computer with microphone, speaker and webcam. Also a fast internet connection for video calls while using online collaboration tools.
Design Thinking in Practice Series
Active Eights is part of our Design Thinking in Practice series of live virtual training, delivered in short, practical workshops. This series gives leaders, decision-makers, coaches and teams a playbook of essential Design Thinking techniques for innovation and problem solving at organisation, service or product level.
Each Design Thinking in Practice workshop delivers valuable learning outcomes which can be used independently or together as a complete process:
- Learn to quickly identify and prioritise goals and challenges.
- Active Eights: Learn a powerful technique to independently generate and record creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn how to evaluate, prioritise and select solutions.